Naturescaping is the practice of using simple techniques that mimic nature so that your garden will thrive without using synthetic chemicals, making it a safe and healthy place for children, pets, and wildlife. A favored practice for all levels of do-it-yourselfers, Naturescaping makes it easy to save time and money, to dig up fresh ideas for the yard & garden, and make a positive impact in the community.
The practice focuses primarily on using native plants because they are adapted to our soil and climate, so they need relatively little or no watering, fertilizing, or care once established. They are also less susceptible to common garden pests and diseases, and they attract a variety of native birds and butterflies by providing food and shelter.
There are so many benefits to naturescaping your yard! Here are just a few:
- Conserve water (= saves you money!)
- Reduce toxic chemicals in your landscape (= saves you money!)
- Provide food & habitat for wildlife
- Once established, a Naturescape is a low-maintenance landscape (= saves you money!)
- Minimize the amount of stormwater leaving your property (= saves you money!)