Find local sources of native plants here, including local plant sales, as well as retail, wholesale and native plant seed suppliers. This list is not comprehensive and is not an endorsement of any organization or business. It is intended to provide a starting place for your own research. For more resources including what plants to use for different conditions (sunny & dry, shady & wet, etc.), click here.
Many of these below are listed Native Plant section of our Conservation Directory. You can also download a PDF version of the list below. The Backyard Habitat program (a joint project of the Audubon Society and the Columbia Land Trust) has an interactive map where you can find many of these nurseries and more.
Free Native Plant Swap!
- SWNI Westside Watersheds Resource Center hosts a Native Plant Swap website where you can post what you have to share and what you are looking for, all for free!
Local Native Plant Sales (seasonal or annual, arranged by date)
- Tualatin Hills Nature Park: October 5th, 2019
- Sparrowhawk Native Plants Pop-Up Sales Ongoing! See website for details. https://sparrowhawknativeplants.com
- East Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation District: That’s us! Our annual native plant sale features mostly bare-root, native trees and shrubs at an affordable price! Online orders opened January 15th and will go until we’re sold out. Plant pick-up is February 8th, 2020.
- Polk Conservation District: Online ordering and in-person pickup, usually in early February.
- Clark Conservation District: Online ordering open through February 11th. Plant pick-up: February 22nd, 2020
- Yamhill Conservation District: Online ordering open through February 22nd. Plant pick-up: March 6th & 7th.
- Washington County Small Woodlands Association: March 14th, 2020 (see website for location)
- Friends of Baltimore Woods: March 28th, 2020
- Tryon Creek Trillium Festival: Usually in April
- Leach Botanical Garden: Special spring ephemeral collection sale going on now!
- Hardy Plant Society of Oregon: April 11th and 12th, 2020
- Audubon Society of Portland: Spring
- Clackamas Community College Horticulture Department: Spring. Includes some native plants.
Retail and Wholesale within 50 miles of Portland
- Aurora Nursery, 22821 Boones Ferry Rd NE, Aurora, OR, 503-678-7903, www.auroranursery.com
- Beaverlake Nursery, 21200 S. Ferguson Rd, Beavercreek, OR, 503-632-4787, www.beaverlakenursery.com
- Bosky Dell Natives, 23311 SW Bosky Dell Lane, West Linn, OR, 503-638-5945,
- Brooks Tree Farm, 9785 Portland Rd, Brooks, OR, 503-393-6300, www.brookstreefarm.com
- Echo Valley Natives, 18883 S Ferguson Rd, Oregon City, OR, 503-631-2451, www.echovalleynatives.com
- Garden Fever! 3433 NE 24th Ave, Portland, OR, 503-287-3200, www.gardenfever.com
- Green Seed Nursery 2742 SE Territorial Rd, Canby, OR (*By Appointment Only*), 503-490-6340, www.tgsdesignandnursery.com
- Livingscape, 3926 N. Vancouver Ave, Portland, OR 503-248-0104, www.livingscape.com
- Portland Nursery, 5050 SE Stark, Portland, OR 97215, 503-231-5050 and 9000 SE Division, Portland, OR 97216, 503-788-9000,
- Sauvie Island Native Plants, 14745 NW Gillihan Road, Portland, OR (*By Appointment Only*), 503-621-3357, www.facebook.com/sauvienatives
Retail and Wholesale more than 50 miles from Portland
- Balance Restoration Nursery, 27995 Chambers Mill Road, Lorane, OR, 541-942-5530, sites.google.com/site/balancerestoration
- Native Foods Nursery 81868 Lost Valley Ln. Dexter, OR 97431, (206) 356-0354 https://nativefoodsnursery.com/
- Humble Roots Farm & Nursery, llc, Mosier, OR, 503-449-3694 http://www.humblerootsnursery.com/
- Watershed Garden Works, 2039 44th Ave, Longview, WA, 360-423-6446, www.watershedgardenworks.com
Wholesale or large projects only – Regional
- Champoeg Nursery, 9661 Yergen Rd NE, Aurora, OR, 503-678-6348, www.champoegnursery.com
- Nursery Guide, Oregon Association of Nurseries (this very useful site lets you search by plant name for nurseries) nurseryguide.com/Find_Plants
- Scholls Valley Native Nursery, Tigard, OR, 503-624-1766, www.schollsvalley.com
- Sevenoaks Native Nursery, 29730 Harvest Drive SW, Albany, OR, 541-757-6520, www.sevenoaksnativenursery.com
- Valley Growers Nursery, 30570 Barlow Rd., Hubbard, OR 503-651-3535, www.valleygrowers.com
Wholesale Seed – Regional
- Emerald Seed and Supply, 9330 NE Halsey St, Portland, 800-826-8873, www.emeraldseedandsupply.com
- Hobbs & Hopkins, Ltd., 1712 SE Ankeny, Portland, 503-239-7518, www.protimelawnseed.com
- Native Seed Network 563 SW Jefferson Ave, Corvallis, OR, 541-753-3099 www.nativeseednetwork.org
- River Refuge Seed Company, 26366 Gap Road, Brownsville, OR, www.riverrefugeseed.com
Local Places to See Native Plants in Natural Settings
- Camassia Natural Area, West Linn
- Cooper Mountain Nature Park, Beaverton
- Forest Park, Portland
- Hoyt Arboretum, Portland
- Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve, Hillsboro
- John Inskeep Environmental Learning Center, Clackamas Community College
- Leach Botanical Garden, Portland
- Marquam Nature Park, Portland
- Nob Hill Nature Park, St. Helens
- Oxbow Regional Park, Troutdale
- Portland Community College, Rock Creek Campus, Beaverton
- Powell Butte, Portland
- Ridgefield Wildlife Refuge, Ridgefield, WA
- Sauvie Island Wildlife Refuge, Portland
- Smith & Bybee Lakes, Portland
- Tryon Creek State Park, Portland
- Tualatin Hills Nature Park, Beaverton
- Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge, Sherwood
- Wildlife Botanical Gardens, Brush Prairie, WA