Find local sources of native plants here, including local plant sales, as well as retail, wholesale and native plant seed suppliers. This list is not comprehensive and is not an endorsement of any organization or business. It is intended to provide a starting place for your own research. For more resources including what plants to use for different conditions (sunny and dry, shady and wet, etc.), click here.
Many of the nurseries below are also listed in the Native Plant section of our Conservation Directory. You can also download a PDF version of the list below. The Backyard Habitat program (a joint project of the Audubon Society and the Columbia Land Trust) has an interactive map where you can find many of these nurseries and more.
Free Native Plant Swap!
- SWNI Westside Watersheds Resource Center hosts a Native Plant Swap website where you can post what you have to share and what you are looking for, all for free!
- EMSWCD Virtual Native Plant Swap, a Facebook group where you can find an online community with native plants to share.
Local Native Plant Sales (seasonal or annual, arranged by date, updated as needed)
- Polk Conservation District: Online ordering open NOW (January 2021); pick-up February 11th, 12th, and 13th.
- Clark Conservation District: Online ordering open NOW (January 2021). Orders due by February 11th; pick up February 27th.
- Yamhill Conservation District: Pre-ordering open NOW (January 2021), and some plants may be available on first-come, first-serve basis at their pick-up event on March 6th and 6th.
- Marion County Soil & Water Conservation District 19th Annual Native Plant Sale and Scholarship Fundraiser going on NOW: ordering open January 5th – February 26th, pick-up March 12th and 13th.
- Sparrowhawk Native Plants: Online ordering several times a year with pick-ups at varying locations. Next round of online ordering opens February 15th, 2021.
- Friends of Baltimore Woods: Partnering in spring 2021 with Sparrowhawk Native Plants–see above.
- Leach Botanical Garden: Spring ephemeral sales usually in early March.
- Washington County Small Woodlands Association: Usually in March, but they are taking a pause in 2021 due to COVID-19. Check here for updates:
- Tryon Creek Trillium Festival: Usually in April.
- Hardy Plant Society of Oregon: April 17th and 18th, 2021.
- Tualatin Hills Nature Park: TBD, possibly in spring 2021 (pre-COVID-19, it was usually in April and October)
- Clackamas Community College Horticulture Department: Usually in the spring; includes some native plants.
- East Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation District: That’s us! Usually mid-January, but due to COVID-19, we have decided to take a pause this year, and are assessing how to go forward in 2022.
- Aurora Nursery, 22821 Boones Ferry Rd NE, Aurora, OR, 503-678-7903, www.auroranursery.com
- Beaverlake Nursery, 21200 S. Ferguson Rd, Beavercreek, OR, 503-632-4787, www.beaverlakenursery.com
- Birds and Bees Nursery, 3327 SE 50th Ave, Portland, OR 97206, 503-788-6088, www.birdsandbeespdx.com
- Bosky Dell Natives, 23311 SW Bosky Dell Lane, West Linn, OR, 503-638-5945,
- Brooks Tree Farm, 9785 Portland Rd, Brooks, OR, 503-393-6300, www.brookstreefarm.com
- Echo Valley Natives, 18883 S Ferguson Rd, Oregon City, OR, 503-631-2451, www.echovalleynatives.com
- Garden Fever! 3433 NE 24th Ave, Portland, OR, 503-287-3200, www.gardenfever.com
- Green Seed Nursery 2742 SE Territorial Rd, Canby, OR (*By Appointment Only*), 503-490-6340, www.tgsdesignandnursery.com
- Livingscape, 3926 N. Vancouver Ave, Portland, OR 503-248-0104, www.livingscape.com
- Portland Nursery, 5050 SE Stark, Portland, OR 97215, 503-231-5050 and 9000 SE Division, Portland, OR 97216, 503-788-9000,
- Sauvie Island Native Plants, 14745 NW Gillihan Road, Portland, OR (*By Appointment Only*), 503-621-3357, www.facebook.com/sauvienatives
- Balance Restoration Nursery, 27995 Chambers Mill Road, Lorane, OR, 541-942-5530, sites.google.com/site/balancerestoration
- Native Foods Nursery 81868 Lost Valley Ln. Dexter, OR 97431, (206) 356-0354 https://nativefoodsnursery.com/
- Humble Roots Farm & Nursery, llc, Mosier, OR, 503-449-3694 http://www.humblerootsnursery.com/
- Watershed Garden Works, 2039 44th Ave, Longview, WA, 360-423-6446, www.watershedgardenworks.com
- Champoeg Nursery, 9661 Yergen Rd NE, Aurora, OR, 503-678-6348, www.champoegnursery.com
- Nursery Guide, Oregon Association of Nurseries (this very useful site lets you search by plant name for nurseries) nurseryguide.com/Find_Plants
- Scholls Valley Native Nursery, Tigard, OR, 503-624-1766, www.schollsvalley.com
- Sevenoaks Native Nursery, 29730 Harvest Drive SW, Albany, OR, 541-757-6520, www.sevenoaksnativenursery.com
- Valley Growers Nursery, 30570 Barlow Rd., Hubbard, OR 503-651-3535, www.valleygrowers.com
- Emerald Seed and Supply, 9330 NE Halsey St, Portland, 800-826-8873, www.emeraldseedandsupply.com
- Hobbs & Hopkins, Ltd., 1712 SE Ankeny, Portland, 503-239-7518, www.protimelawnseed.com
- Native Seed Network, 563 SW Jefferson Avenue, Corvallis, OR 97333 https://nativeseednetwork.org/
- River Refuge Seed Company, 26366 Gap Road, Brownsville, OR, www.riverrefugeseed.com
- Steele Acres Native Seed Contact them via contact form on their website: https://www.steeleacres.com/
- Camassia Natural Area, West Linn
- Cooper Mountain Nature Park, Beaverton
- Forest Park, Portland
- Hoyt Arboretum, Portland
- Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve, Hillsboro
- John Inskeep Environmental Learning Center, Clackamas Community College
- Leach Botanical Garden, Portland
- Marquam Nature Park, Portland
- Nob Hill Nature Park, St. Helens
- Oxbow Regional Park, Troutdale
- Portland Community College, Rock Creek Campus, Beaverton
- Powell Butte, Portland
- Ridgefield Wildlife Refuge, Ridgefield, WA
- Sauvie Island Wildlife Refuge, Portland
- Smith & Bybee Lakes, Portland
- Tryon Creek State Park, Portland
- Tualatin Hills Nature Park, Beaverton
- Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge, Sherwood
- Wildlife Botanical Gardens, Brush Prairie, WA