Find local sources of native plants here, including local plant sales, as well as retail, wholesale and native plant seed suppliers. This list is not comprehensive and is not an endorsement of any organization or business. It is intended to provide a starting place for your own research. For more resources including what plants to use for different conditions (sunny and dry, shady and wet, etc.), click here.
Many of the nurseries below are also listed in the Native Plant section of our Conservation Directory. You can also download a PDF version of the list below. The Backyard Habitat program (a joint project of the Audubon Society and the Columbia Land Trust) has an interactive map where you can find many of these nurseries and more.
Free Native Plant Swap!
- SWNI Westside Watersheds Resource Center hosts an online Native Plant Swap message board where you can post what you have to share and what you are looking for, all for free!
- EMSWCD Virtual Native Plant Swap, a Facebook group where you can find an online community with native plants to share.
Local Native Plant Sales (seasonal or annual, arranged by date, updated regularly)
- Tryon Creek Trillium Festival: Online only for all of April, 2021.
- Tualatin Hills Nature Park: TBD; usually in April and October
- Clackamas Community College Horticulture Department: Usually in the spring; includes some native plants.
- Hardy Plant Society of Oregon: June 26th, 2021–Tentative.
- East Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation District: That’s us! Usually mid-January, but due to COVID-19, we have decided to take a pause this year, and are assessing how to go forward in 2022.
- Polk Conservation District: Online ordering in January and pick-up in early February.
- Clark Conservation District: Online ordering in January and pick-up in February.
- Yamhill Conservation District: Online ordering in January and pick-up in early March.
- Marion County Soil & Water Conservation District 19th Annual Native Plant Sale and Scholarship Fundraiser online ordering in January-February and pick-up in early March.
- Sparrowhawk Native Plants: Online ordering several times a year with pick-ups at varying locations.
- Friends of Baltimore Woods: Partnered in Feb-March 2021 with Sparrowhawk Native Plants–see above.
- Leach Botanical Garden: Spring ephemeral sales usually in early March.
- Washington County Small Woodlands Association: Usually in March, but they are taking a pause in 2021 due to COVID-19. Check here for updates:
Retail and Wholesale within 50 miles of Portland
- Aurora Nursery, 22821 Boones Ferry Rd NE, Aurora, OR, 503-678-7903, www.auroranursery.com
- Birds and Bees Nursery, 3327 SE 50th Ave, Portland, OR 97206, 503-788-6088, www.birdsandbeespdx.com
- Bosky Dell Natives, 23311 SW Bosky Dell Lane, West Linn, OR, 503-638-5945,
- Echo Valley Natives, 18883 S Ferguson Rd, Oregon City, OR, 503-631-2451, www.echovalleynatives.com
- Garden Fever! 3433 NE 24th Ave, Portland, OR, 503-287-3200,
- Green Seed Nursery 2742 SE Territorial Rd, Canby, OR (*By Appointment Only*), 503-490-6340,
- Livingscape, 3926 N. Vancouver Ave, Portland, OR, (503)-449-3694,
- Portland Nursery, 5050 SE Stark, Portland, OR 97215, 503-231-5050 and 9000 SE Division, Portland, OR 97216, 503-788-9000,
- Sauvie Island Native Plants, 14745 NW Gillihan Road, Portland, OR (*By Appointment Only*), 503-621-3357,
Retail and Wholesale more than 50 miles from Portland
- Balance Restoration Nursery, 27995 Chambers Mill Road, Lorane, OR, 541-942-5530, www.sites.google.com/site/balancerestoration
- Native Foods Nursery 81868 Lost Valley Ln. Dexter, OR 97431, (206) 356-0354 www.nativefoodsnursery.com
- Humble Roots Farm & Nursery, LLC, Mosier, OR, 503-449-3694 www.humblerootsnursery.com
- Watershed Garden Works, 2039 44th Ave, Longview, WA, 360-423-6446, www.watershedgardenworks.com
Wholesale or large projects only – Regional
- Beaverlake Nursery, 21200 S. Ferguson Rd, Beavercreek, OR, 503-632-4787, www.beaverlakenursery.com
- Brooks Tree Farm, 9785 Portland Rd, Brooks, OR, 503-393-6300,
- Cascadian Nurseries, 8900 NW Dick Rd, Hillsboro, OR, 503-647-9292, www.cascadiannurseries.com
- Champoeg Nursery, 9661 Yergen Rd NE, Aurora, OR, 503-678-6348, www.champoegnursery.com
- Nursery Guide, Oregon Association of Nurseries (this very useful site lets you search by plant name for nurseries)
- Scholls Valley Native Nursery, Tigard, OR, 503-624-1766,
- Sevenoaks Native Nursery, 29730 Harvest Drive SW, Albany, OR, 541-757-6520, www.sevenoaksnativenursery.com
- Valley Growers Nursery, 30570 Barlow Rd., Hubbard, OR 503-651-3535, www.valleygrowers.com
Wholesale Seed – Regional
- Native Seed Network, 563 SW Jefferson Avenue, Corvallis, OR 97333 www.nativeseednetwork.org
- Pro-Time Lawn Seed, 1712 SE Ankeny, Portland, 503-239-7518,
- River Refuge Seed Company, 26366 Gap Road, Brownsville, OR,
- Steele Acres Native Seed Contact them via contact form on their website: www.steeleacres.com
- Sunmark Seeds, 12775 NE Marx St., Building 14, Portland, OR 97230
Local Places to See Native Plants in Natural Settings
- Camassia Natural Area, West Linn
- Cooper Mountain Nature Park, Beaverton
- Forest Park, Portland
- Hoyt Arboretum, Portland
- Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve, Hillsboro
- John Inskeep Environmental Learning Center, Clackamas Community College
- Leach Botanical Garden, Portland
- Marquam Nature Park, Portland
- Nob Hill Nature Park, St. Helens
- Oxbow Regional Park, Troutdale
- Portland Community College, Rock Creek Campus, Beaverton
- Powell Butte, Portland
- Ridgefield Wildlife Refuge, Ridgefield, WA
- Sauvie Island Wildlife Refuge, Portland
- Smith and Bybee Wetlands Natural Area, Portland
- Tryon Creek State Park, Portland
- Tualatin Hills Nature Park, Beaverton
- Tualatin River National Wildlife Refuge, Sherwood
- Wildlife Botanical Gardens, Brush Prairie, WA