In this section you can find resources, tools and information related to Naturescaping. If you are looking for information more specific to native plants and pollinators, please also see our Native Plants Resources section.
- Naturescaping brochure – an introduction to naturescaping! For printing, print this file 2-sided with “top bind” binding, then fold the printout widthwise.
- Growing Healthy Soil – (King County SWCD)
- Soils – Why are they important (King County SWCD)
- The secret life of soil (OSU Extension)
- Lawn Removal – this guide will help you to remove your lawn naturally and open up your yard’s possibilities! This method is also known as lasagna layering or sheet mulching and utilizes cardboard or newspaper.
- City of Portland’s Tree Care Provider List – this link contains a list of companies that have completed the City of Portland’s Local Tree Care Providers Workshop, have an active Portland business license, and do not have documented tree code violations within the past year. This list is for informational purposes only.
Links to other resources
- National Tree Benefit Calculator – calculate exactly how much trees benefit your property, including measures of stormwater reduction, air quality and property value increases, and more.