Put the East Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation District to work for you!
If you live east of the Willamette River in Multnomah County, you are automatically eligible for free technical assistance via phone, email, and regular mail. We are non-regulatory – we are only interested in helping you. All of our services are provided free of charge.
We offer technical assistance with managing:
Is my property eligible for a site visit?
Schools, governments, and other public properties are automatically eligible for a site visit. Due to high demand, however, we are only able to offer in-person site visits to the following private properties:
- Rural, working, and agricultural lands such as farms, nurseries, and woodlots.
- Businesses, non-profits, and residences within 300 feet of a stream, river, or wetland, and/or a “high conservation value” natural area (as determined by EMSWCD staff)
- Low-income multifamily housing units anywhere within Portland’s Urban Growth Boundary
- Businesses, non-profits, and residences within Gresham’s Downspout Disconnection zone, for stormwater management assistance only
- Site visits are conducted when both you and our staff feel it is possible to do safely.
- Masks and face coverings are optional for yourself and our staff.
- We encourage our staff to maintain a reasonable proximity as attendees are comfortable. We will terminate the site visit if the agreed upon proximity cannot or will not be maintained.
- If you or our staff are feeling ill for any reason, we recommend the site visit to be rescheduled.
- You have the option of talking to staff on cell phones during the visit if needed to improve the ability to hear each other or to converse from a distance.
Site visit protocols
EMSWCD follows the advice of the Oregon Health Authority (OHA) and the Center for Disease Control (CDC) regarding COVID-19, and puts your and our safety at the forefront of our minds and practices. The following is subject to change as conditions do: