Join us for a screening of the documentary Farmers for America.
- When: Wednesday, November 28th. 6:30 – 8:30 pm.
Columbia Grange #267
37493 NE Grange Hall Rd.
Corbett, OR 97019
FREE! Snacks provided.
Let your friends know you can make it on Facebook.
about the film
For questions or special accommodations, please contact Chelsea at (503) 935-5376 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are now accepting applications for the 2019 PIC Grant cycle! The Partners in Conservation (PIC) program provides funding from $5,000 to up to $100,000 to support conservation projects and conservation education in the District. Please take a look at the new 2019 PIC Guidelines to learn more. To begin your application, visit our online grants management system, ZoomGrants.
Apply on the EMSWCD
Applications are due by December 14th, 2018. We also made some changes this year to our funding model and grant categories this year. Some highlights:
- PIC grant requests will be considered up to $100,000 and for up to two years of funding.
- PIC Plus grants will not be offered this fiscal year.
- Equity/Capacity Building will no longer be a stand-alone funding category. Equity criteria will be incorporated into other funding categories to reflect its importance in all grantmaking areas. Capacity building will be incorporated into the Environmental Education category to reflect a focus on supporting training and internal educational opportunities.
Learn more about our PIC Grant Programs and how to apply on the PIC Grants page.
We’ve received a number of questions about the elections this year and wish to provide some helpful information.
- Oregon Revised Statutes determine soil and water conservation district board director eligibility criteria and election process. ORS 568.560 (3) details zone director qualifications. ORS 568.530 (2) – (4) details the write-in procedures.
- The Oregon Department of Agriculture processes candidate paperwork, determines eligibility, and forwards to the county elections office.
- The Multnomah County Elections Division counts votes for qualified candidates who filed the necessary paperwork by the identified deadlines.
- The East Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation District (EMSWCD), as a government agency, does not participate in the election process and does not lobby for any specific candidate or issue.
EMSWCD has three Board Director positions on the ballot. As identified below, there are two incumbents running for the Zone 3 and At-large 2 positions. . In addition, the Oregon Department of Agriculture has informed us that, as of November 7th, 2018, two write-in candidates had been determined eligible and one candidate’s eligibility was under review for the Zone 1 position.
Zone 1 write-in candidates:
- Gabrielle Rossi
- Paula Gagnon
- Rachelle Dixon (under review)
Zone 3 candidate:
At-large 2 candidate:
If you would like more information about Board Director positions, qualifications, and elections, please see our Board page or the Oregon Department of Agriculture’s website.
This post was first published on October 26th and edited on November 1st, 2018 for clarification and to include updates on write-in candidates. The post was again edited on November 5th and November 7th, 2018 to include further updates from the Oregon Department of Agriculture on write-in candidates.
Learn how to save water and money by improving irrigation efficiency on your property! EMSWCD is offering a free workshop on May 15th at the Columbia Grange in Corbett. Topics covered will include converting to drip, sprinkler efficiency, moisture monitoring, and the frequency and duration of irrigation.
The East Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation District (EMSWCD) is offering an exciting career opportunity for a dedicated professional to serve as the Chief of Finance and Operations (CFO) for EMSWCD’s Finance and Operations Program. The CFO is a senior-level position within EMSWCD, serving on the management team and interacting frequently with the Board of Directors and Board Committees. The CFO is responsible for all budgeting and financial management activities for EMSWCD.
The CFO is also responsible for oversight of 1-6 staff within the Finance and Operations Program. Program activities include but are not limited to board and committee management, contracting, equity, facilities and fleet management, human resources, information technology, office management, and marketing and media.
Update: This position has now been filled. Thank you for your interest!
Our Native Plant Sale online store is now closed. Thank you for supporting our plant sale! If you purchased plants, be sure to check for your confirmation email, and contact Alex Woolery at email@example.com if you did not receive one. Learn more in the Native Plant Sale section.
- Plant sale pickup day is on February 17th from 10:00am to 3:00pm in the parking lot of the EMSWCD office located at 5211 N Williams Ave, Portland, OR (link to map).
- Questions about the plants, picking up your order, or how to plant? Visit our Plant Sale FAQ page!
- Please note: We are unable to accommodate early or late pick-ups, or to ship orders. If you are unable to pick up your plants, please arrange for a friend to pick them up for you. If you are not able to arrange for someone else to pick up your plants, please call us at (503) 222-7645 right away so we can cancel your order.