Resources, guides and tools related to Water Conservation, including topics such as outdoor water efficiency, stormwater and graywater.
Water Efficient plant guide – a great guide to water efficient plants for the Willamette Valley; also includes advice on planning, cultivation, watering and maintenance. Large file, 32 mb.
Links to other resources
- Outdoor Water Efficiency – The Portland Water Bureau has an excellent collection of information and resources related to efficient water use outdoors.
- EPA National Stormwater Calculator – a desktop application that can help you estimate both the runoff from your property, and how much impact you can have by utilizing low-impact methods such as rain gardens or porous pavement.
- Graywater – Oregon DEQ Resources
- Oregon DEQ Graywater website
- Reusing Graywater in Your Landscape: A Guide for Oregon Homeowners – includes a comprehensive list of plants that can be watered using graywater
- Questions and Answers: Permits for graywater reuse and disposal systems
- Graywater Presentation
- Graywater – other states and resources
Please note that some of the information from the following websites (regarding permitting, regulations, rainfall patterns, etc.) may not apply to graywater systems in Oregon.