The purpose of the Budget Committee is to review and approve the District’s budget and related activities on a fiscal year basis. To do so, the Budget Committee must assess the District mission (The mission of the EMSWCD is to help people care for land and water), responsibilities, necessary activities, related expenditures, assets, liabilities, and revenue sources. You can find budget documents on the Budgets, Reports and Plans page.
Members of Budget Committee
- Directors: Laura Masterson, Mike Guebert, Joe Rossi, Jim Carlson and Jasmine Zimmer-Stucky
- Staff: Nancy Hamilton, Executive Director and Dan Mitten, Chief of Finance and Operations
Upcoming Budget Committees
Monday, May 17th, 2022 at 4:00 PM. A public hearing will be held by the Tax Supervising and Conservation Commission (TSCC) on the budget approved by the Budget Committee for the East Multnomah Soil & Water Conservation District, Multnomah County, State of Oregon, for the fiscal year July 1st, 2022 to June 30th, 2023. The hearing will be held via videoconference on Tuesday, May 17th, 2022 at 4:00 pm. The purpose of the hearing is to discuss the budget with interested persons. A copy of the budget document will be available on our Budgets, Reports and Plans page. The public is welcome to attend by calling or videoconferencing into the meeting free of charge. Any member of the public may join the meeting and testify. To join the meeting, please call toll-free 1-877-309-2073 and use access code 224-224-589 or join via computer, tablet, or smartphone free of charge with the following link: https://global.gotomeeting.com/join/224224589. Meeting attendees requiring Americans with Disabilities Act accommodations should call (503) 222-7645 x 100 as soon as possible. To better serve you, five (5) business days prior to the event, is preferred.
(Per ORS 294.448(2) (d), please note change in tax levy amount below):
- Total FY 2022-2023 Budget Requirements: $18,476,020
- Total FY 2021-2022 Levy Amount: $0.1000/$1,000 of assessed value ($5,834,000)
- Total Proposed FY 2022-2023 Levy Amount: $0.1000/$1,000 of assessed value ($5,964,844)
- Proposed Change from Last Year’s Levy Amount: plus $130,844
- Monday, May 2nd, 2022 at 5:00 PM. EMSWCD will hold the final meeting of the Fiscal Year 2022-2023 Budget Committee via videoconference. Agenda items include: Review 3rd and final draft of the proposed FY22-23 Budget; approval of the FY22-23 Budget and set maximum tax levy via resolution. The public is welcome to attend by calling or videoconferencing into the meeting, but no public comment will be taken during the budget portion. Copies of the budget document will be available by request or online on the Budgets, Reports and Plans page. To join the meeting, please call 1-877-309-2073 and use access code 321-600-981 or join via computer, tablet, or smartphone by following the link in the packet below.
- Monday, April 4th, 2022 at 4:00 PM. EMSWCD will hold the second meeting of the Fiscal Year 2022-2023 Budget Committee. The agenda will include budget review and discussion. The public is welcome to listen, pose questions and comments via video/teleconference only. Public questions and comments will be taken at this meeting and copies of revised budget will be available by request or on the Budgets, Reports and Plans page. To join the meeting, please call 1-866-899-4679 and use access code 389-512-957.
- Monday, March 7th, 2022 at 4:00 PM. EMSWCD will hold the first meeting of the Fiscal Year 2022-2023 Budget Committee. The agenda will include hearing the budget message and receiving the draft budget for fiscal year July 1, 2021 – June 30, 2022. Procedures for receiving public testimony will be established. The public is welcome to listen in at this meeting, but no public comment will be taken at the time. A copy of the budget document and procedures for receiving public testimony may be obtained by request on or after March 7th on the Budgets, Reports and Plans page. To join the meeting, please call 1-866-899-4679 and use access code 521-420-365.