EMSWCD is happy to announce that we are again conducting our normal PIC grant application process after last year’s “PIC Pause” due to COVID. The PIC program awards grants annually from $5,000 to $100,000 to non-profits, local governments and educational institutions for conservation projects, environmental education, school and community food gardens, and participation of diverse communities in conservation work.
Applications are due by 4:00 PM on Wednesday, December 15th, 2021.
We are making some changes this year. Some highlights:
- PIC Grantees will be able to request an upfront payment of 30% of the total grant amount.
- The usual 1:1 match requirement can be waived for projects where:
- Grant request is less than $30,000, and
- Applicant meets one of the following criteria:
- Organization in operation for less than 3 years
- Organization has not received a PIC grant before
- Annual operating budget is less than $250,000
Our consultant, Jamie Stamberger, is available free of charge to assist some applicants with project development and applications – please see our Grants page or click here for more information (ver lo en español aquí).