The purpose of the Budget Committee is to review and approve the District’s budget and related activities on a fiscal year basis. To do so, the Budget Committee must assess the District mission (The mission of the EMSWCD is to help people care for land and water), responsibilities, necessary activities, related expenditures, assets, liabilities, and revenue sources. You can find budget documents on the Budgets, Reports and Plans page.
Members of Budget Committee
- Directors: Laura Masterson, Mike Guebert
- Directors Emeritus: Dianna Pope
- Staff: Nancy Hamilton, Executive Director and Dan Mitten, Chief of Finance and Operations
Upcoming Budget Committees
- Monday, May 19th, 2020 at 3:30 PM. A public hearing will be held by the Tax Supervising and Conservation Commission (TSCC) on the budget approved by the Budget Committee for the East Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation District, Multnomah County, State of Oregon, for the fiscal year July 1st, 2020 to June 30th, 2021. The hearing will be held via teleconference. The purpose of the hearing is to discuss the budget with interested persons. A copy of the budget document will be available by request or online on our Budgets, Reports and Plans page. The public is welcome to attend by calling into the meeting. To join the meeting, please call 1-866-899-4679 and use access code 334-170-173.
- Monday, May 4th, 2020 at 5:00 PM. EMSWCD will hold the final meeting of the Budget Committee for fiscal year 2020-21 via teleconference. Agenda items include: Review third and final draft of the proposed FY20-21 Budget; approval of the FY20-21 Budget and set maximum tax levy via resolution. The public is welcome to attend by calling into the meeting, but no public comment will be taken during the budget portion. To join the meeting, please call 1 (866) 899-4679 and use access code 787-057-125.
- Monday, April 6th, 2020 at 4:00 PM. EMSWCD will hold its second meeting of the Fiscal Year 2020-21 Budget Committee via teleconference. Due to the rapidly changing COVID-19 pandemic and in compliance with the Governor’s Executive Order, the public can listen, pose questions and comments via teleconference only. The agenda will include review of the budget and discussion. Public questions and comments will be taken at this meeting and copies of revised budget will be available upon request or on the Budgets, Reports and Plans page. To join the meeting, please call 1 (877) 568-4106 and use access code 369-772-389.
- Monday, March 2nd, 2020 at 4:00 PM. The agenda will include hearing the budget message and receiving the draft budget for fiscal year July 1st, 2020 – June 30th, 2021. Procedures for receiving public testimony will be established. The public is welcome at this meeting, but no public comment will be taken at the time. A copy of the budget document and procedures for receiving public testimony may be obtained on or after March 2 at the District office between the hours of 9AM and 5PM weekdays. The budget document will also be available on our Budgets, Reports and Plans page.