The Outdoor School For All campaign seeks to secure lasting public funding for every Oregon fifth or sixth grader to experience a full week of Outdoor education. At our last Board Meeting on March 2nd, 2015, the EMSWCD Board of Directors joined 11 other organizations by approving endorsement of the Outdoor School for All campaign.
Many District residents have come to our Board meetings to relate the positive impact that Outdoor School has had on their lives. Outdoor education has been shown to help students develop leadership, social and critical thinking skills, while also fostering an appreciation for the natural environment and the importance of conserving it. In recent years, EMSWCD has joined with other local entities to provide funding to our local Outdoor School. We believe a long-term, statewide funding solution is necessary to ensure all Oregon students have access to this valuable, engaging and highly educational experience.
The East Multnomah Soil & Water Conservation District is proud to join the following organizations in endorsing the Outdoor School for All campaign:
- Reynolds Education Association
- Oregon Environmental Council
- Oregon Science Teachers Association
- Outdoor Project
- Klamath Outdoor Science School
- Rejuvenation Therapy Pain Clinic, LLP
- Albina Gardens/Green Table Cooperative
- Portland Eco School Network
- HEY Together
- David Douglas Teachers Union
- Central Oregon Environmental Center
To learn more about the Outdoor School for All campaign, visit their website at: