The East Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation District (EMSWCD) is offering an exciting career opportunity for a dedicated professional to serve as the Senior Urban Conservationist for the EMSWCD’s Urban Lands Program. The goal of the work is to reduce potential loss of natural resources due to soil erosion, water pollution, habitat degradation, and destructive land use practices. Working closely with other EMSWCD staff, board members, and partners, the Senior Urban Conservationist will focus primarily on providing on-site technical and financial assistance in regard to urban land conservation best practices for residential, commercial, industrial, academic, and government landowners and land managers.
The successful applicant will have (at a minimum) a bachelor’s degree in a related field and six (6) years minimum field-based or related experience; at least three years of experience must be in the design, construction and/or installation and inspection of conservation-related sustainable urban land development practices.
This is a full time, exempt position, based out of the EMSWCD office in Portland, Oregon. A competitive salary and benefits package is offered.
Download a full description of the position in the link below:
How to apply:
Applicants must read the information below carefully for instructions on how to apply for this position. Failure to follow instructions will disqualify applicants from consideration. All application materials are due by no later than 5:00 PM on Tuesday, February 28th, 2017.
- Applicants must send a cover letter, detailed resume and supplementary information by email to: email@example.com. All email subject lines must include “Senior Urban Conservationist”.
- Covers letters must be no more than two pages in length and must describe the applicant’s interest in the position, and summarize job-related qualifications.
- Resumes must include: positions held; dates employed; employer names and contact information; ending salaries for each position held; duties performed at each position; and relevant training and education.
- Five professional references with contact information must be provided, including at least two supervisors.
- A writing sample (preferably a natural resource-related plan), for which the applicant was the primary author, must be submitted with application materials.
- Verification of employment and education will be required.
- Verification that applicant is able to work within the United States will be required.
- A background check will be completed.
- References will be contacted.
- Nothing in this document is to be construed as a contract; EMSWCD is an at-will employer.
The East Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation District (EMSWCD) prohibits discrimination in all of its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisals, or because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program. The EMSWCD is an equal opportunity provider and employer. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication or program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) should contact the EMSWCD Office at (503) 222-7645.