SWCD director elections occur every two years during the General Election. The most recent General Election took place on November 8th, 2016. Candidates for the position of SWCD director must meet certain eligibility requirements as outlined in Oregon Revised Statutes (ORS) 568.560.
You can find all of the necessary forms, instructions and candidate packets at the Oregon Department of Agriculture SWCD Elections page. Find out more about eligibility below, or visit our Board Zones page to learn about the three zones in our District service area.
At-Large directors must reside within the district and be registered voters.
Zone directors have two options for eligibility:
A zone director:
- Must own or manage 10 or more acres of land in the district.
- Must be involved in the active management of the property.
- Must reside within the boundaries of the district.
- Directors may either reside within the zone that is represented or own or manage ten (10) or more acres within the zone that is represented, and must be involved in the active management of the property.
- Must be a registered voter.
An individual may also serve as a zone director when the individual, in lieu of the other Option 1 requirements:
- Resides within the zone that is represented.
- Has served at least one year as a director or associate director of a district.
- Has a conservation plan that is approved by the district.
- Is a registered voter.
Associate directors must reside within the district and be registered voters. To download more information about becoming an associate director, click here.