Find general resources related to native plants in this section.
- Native Plant brochure series – guides for planting in sun, part-sun and shady areas! For printing, print any of these files 2-sided with “top bind” binding, then fold the printout widthwise.
- Native Plants – Sun brochure
- Native Plants – Part-Sun brochure
- Native Plants – Shade brochure
- Sun and Water Requirements – a simple, one-page reference to sun and water requirements for over 50 native plants.
- Native Plant and Seed Suppliers (EMSWCD Conservation Directory) – you can find a list of local suppliers of native plants and seeds in our Conservation Directory.
- Local Sources of Native Plants – similar to the link above, we have a list of native plant sales, wholesale suppliers, and local places to see native plants. You can also download the same list in PDF format here: Local Sources of Native Plants Nov 2022
Links to Other Resources
- Portland Plant List – a comprehensive guide to native plants, as well as a list of nuisance plants. Organized by habitat and terrain type (e.g. “Mixed deciduous forest, steep dry slope”)
- Native Plant Landscaping – a great resource from King County; includes several detailed sample landscape plans showing good ideas for companion plants, and information on the plants themselves.
- Native Plants PNW “An encyclopedia of the cultural and natural history of Northwest native plants.”
- PNW Native Plants by Community A comprehensive resource by Oregon State University Extension.
- Native Plant Society of Oregon A non-profit dedicated to the enjoyment, conservation, and study of Oregon’s native plants and habitats.
Native Plant Sale Resources
Every year EMSWCD conducts a native plant sale, which is a great way for you to obtain low-cost native trees, shrubs and groundcovers for your yard. Learn more in the Native Plant Sale page.