We’ve received a number of questions about the elections this year and wish to provide some helpful information.
- Oregon Revised Statutes determine soil and water conservation district board director eligibility criteria and election process. ORS 568.560 (3) details zone director qualifications. ORS 568.530 (2) – (4) details the write-in procedures.
- The Oregon Department of Agriculture processes candidate paperwork, determines eligibility, and forwards to the county elections office.
- The Multnomah County Elections Division counts votes for qualified candidates who filed the necessary paperwork by the identified deadlines.
- The East Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation District (EMSWCD), as a government agency, does not participate in the election process and does not lobby for any specific candidate or issue.
EMSWCD has three Board Director positions on the ballot. As identified below, there are two incumbents running for the Zone 3 and At-large 2 positions. . In addition, the Oregon Department of Agriculture has informed us that, as of November 7th, 2018, two write-in candidates had been determined eligible and one candidate’s eligibility was under review for the Zone 1 position.
Zone 1 write-in candidates:
- Gabrielle Rossi
- Paula Gagnon
- Rachelle Dixon (under review)
Zone 3 candidate:
- Michael Guebert
At-large 2 candidate:
- Allison Hensey
This post was first published on October 26th and edited on November 1st, 2018 for clarification and to include updates on write-in candidates. The post was again edited on November 5th and November 7th, 2018 to include further updates from the Oregon Department of Agriculture on write-in candidates.