Time: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Location: Common Ground at Colonial Heights Presbyterian Church
Address: 2828 SE Stephens St, Portland,
Learn to Naturescape! “Naturescaping” is the practice of designing (or redesigning) your landscape so that it reduces water use and decreases storm-water runoff while saving you time, money and energy. This introductory workshop introduces the core concepts of naturescaping, and also explores:
- pollution prevention through the reduction/elimination of chemical use
- how native plants naturally resist pests & tolerate drought conditions while attracting native birds, butterflies and other beneficial pollinators to your garden
- basic site planning principals, and many other great natural gardening & design tips
Even if you decide to enlist the help of a contractor, you’ll have the framework to make decisions and effectively communicate the vision you have for your yard. Class will visit a nearby naturescaped project to see design principles in action. You’ll receive a comprehensive workbook to help you get started.
Important Note(s): ADA parking and seating will be available.
This event is currently full, but you may:
- Register for another workshop that has seats available, OR
- Fill out the form below to get on the wait list. If a space becomes available we will process your registration and contact you right away.
Category: Naturescaping & Site Planning