Join us at Zenger Farm for a free workshop on purchasing and leasing agricultural land on November 2nd! Whether you are a farmer wondering how to get on land or a landowner looking to lease, this workshop has the information for you! This panel discussion and workshop is put on by partners Rogue Farm Corps, OSU Metro Extension Small Farms, EMSWCD, Friends of Family Farmers, and Zenger Farm. The focus of the workshop will be on the Portland Metro region and surrounding area.
Where: Zenger Farm, 11741 SE Foster Rd, Portland 97266 (map link)
When: Wednesday November 2nd, 4:30 – 7 PM, with potluck social to follow
Please join us! There will be plenty of opportunity for discussion and questions, plus a potluck social afterward! RSVP is appreciated but not required. Please email Nellie McAdams at firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP or with any questions.
- Bill Triest of Keller Williams, considerations in purchasing farmland and how to search
- Leah Rodgers of Rockwood Urban Farm on purchasing & leasing urban land for farming
- Nellie McAdams of Rogue Farm Corps on land leasing with a focus on creative models for land tenure
- Molly Notarianni of Friends of Family Farmers on Oregon FarmLink
- Greg Malinowski of Malinowski Farms on perspectives of a landlord who has rented to many beginning farmers for 20 years