Landscape professionals/educators are needed to present additional workshops. This is a contract, not a staff position. Workshops are held evenings and weekends.
Description of work:
- Present Sustainable Landscape Workshops. Workshop types could include, but are not limited to: Naturescaping, Rain Gardens, Native Plants, Simple Drip Irrigation etc.
- Additional activities may include: Outreach events, tours, field trips and mini-workshops.
- Work is not guaranteed – it will be on an “as needed” basis.
- Mileage for travel is billable at federal GSA rates. Other expenses are not reimbursed. Some program materials may be provided by EMSWCD.
- 2.5-hour workshop – $300.00
- 4-hour workshop – $400.00
- In-person presentation: $50/hour for presentation, + 1/2 hour set up and + 1/2 hour break down
- Remote/virtual presentation: $50/hour
Other tasks pre-authorized by UL Supervisor
- Tabling at in-person outreach events – $50/hour of time at event, + 1/2 hour set up and 1/2 hour break down.
- Other tasks deemed appropriate – $50/hour
- Firm must have an up-to-date business license.
- Firms must maintain General Liability and Automobile Liability Insurance at levels consistent with EMSWCD requirements.
- Presenter(s) must have Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture, landscape design, landscape construction or equivalent education/experience.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of practical techniques for low-impact gardening, water conservation, homeowner surface water management, water pollution reduction and landscaping with local native plant species.
- Knowledge of watershed dynamics, urban water quality issues, native vegetation and ecosystems, invasive species, erosion prevention and sediment control is desirable.
- Demonstrated abilities in workshop facilitation, public presentations, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with diverse groups and individuals.
- Skilled in the use of computers and software programs to present workshop materials, produce reports and promotional materials and correspond with team members and the public.
- In addition to consideration of qualifications and references, an “audition” may be required to verify presentation skills and fit with the organization’s needs.
How to apply:
Electronic submission preferred.
Please submit qualifications (resume or CV), references and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org.
or mail to:
Attn: Katie Meckes
5211 N. Williams Ave.
Portland, OR 97217