The East Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation District (EMSWCD) is offering an exciting career opportunity for a dedicated professional to serve as the Chief of Finance and Operations (CFO) for EMSWCD’s Finance and Operations Program. The CFO is a senior-level position within EMSWCD, serving on the management team and interacting frequently with the Board of Directors and Board Committees. The CFO is responsible for all budgeting and financial management activities for EMSWCD. The CFO is also responsible for oversight of 1-6 staff within the Finance and Operations Program. Program activities include but are not limited to: board and committee management, contracting, equity, facilities and fleet management, human resources, information technology, office management, and marketing and media.
The successful applicant will have (at a minimum) a bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline; a master’s degree in accounting, finance, or related discipline is preferred. At least 10 years of professional work experience is required, including at least five years of directly related professional experience in accounting/finance and at least five years of professional experience in leadership, project management, budget management, and staff supervision.
This is a full time, exempt position, based out of the EMSWCD office in Portland, Oregon. A competitive salary and benefits package is offered.
- Download a full description of the position in the link below:
- Chief of Finance and Operations – full details and application instructions
- Chief of Finance and Operations – brief description
Download a summary of the position in the link below:
EMSWCD strives to be an inclusive environment. We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion considerations in all of our activities. EMSWCD believes a diverse Board and workforce will enhance our ability to fulfill our mission. The CFO position will be filled through a competitive search intended to increase diversity and provide opportunity to all applicants. Persons who represent diverse backgrounds and who speak more than one language are encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Please read the full job description and information below carefully for instructions on how to apply for this position. Failure to follow instructions may disqualify applicants from consideration. Applications will be accepted until this position has been filled. Initial review of the first round of applications received will take place on May 30th.
- Applicants must send a cover letter, detailed resume and supplementary information by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All email subject lines must include either “Chief of Finance and Operations Position” or “CFO Position.”
- Cover letters must be no more than two pages in length and must describe the applicant’s interest in the position and summarize job-related qualifications.
- Resumes must include: positions held; dates employed; employer names and contact information; duties performed; and relevant training and education.
- Five professional references with contact information must be provided, including two supervisors, two subordinates, and one peer.
- Verification of employment and education will be required.
- Verification that applicant is able to work within the United States will be required.
- A background check will be completed.
- References will be contacted.
- Nothing in this document is to be construed as a contract; EMSWCD is an at-will employer.
The East Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation District (EMSWCD) prohibits discrimination in all of its programs and activities on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, sex, marital status, familial status, parental status, religion, sexual orientation, genetic information, political beliefs, reprisals, or because all or part of an individual’s income is derived from any public assistance program. The EMSWCD is an equal opportunity provider and employer. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means for communication or program information (Braille, large print, audiotape, etc.) should contact the EMSWCD Office at (503) 222-7645.