Support Urban Gardens | Promote Your Organization | Connect With Neighbors!
Host a workshop and help people discover simple ways to reduce pollution, conserve water and create habitat in their yards! We work together to bring in-depth classes to a growing number of people, helping transform more urban yards into healthier spaces for people, pets and wildlife. If you are located within our district boundary (Multnomah County, east of the Willamette River), it is FREE for you to host a workshop! Contact Katie at 503-935-5368 or email@example.com with scheduling questions.
How to request a workshop:
- Check available dates. Available spring dates will be posted here soon! In the meantime contact Katie at 503-935-5368 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review our classroom criteria (PDF)
- Reserve a location (at no cost to EMSWCD) that fits the classroom criteria listed above and is available on your desired workshop date.
- Submit one request form for each workshop you wish to host.
Need help choosing ? View the workshop descriptions here. If you would like to discuss how our offerings may fit your needs, contact Katie at (503) 935-5368.
We work together. Here is what is involved:
What we do:
After receiving your completed request form(s), we send you a checklist that outlines your next steps and helps you prepare for an enjoyable and successful workshop. Then we:
- Post the workshop to our website, open registration, handle registrations and respond to participant inquiries
- Send you event fliers to post at neighborhood shops, libraries, community centers, etc.
- Manage promotion through email marketing, social media, articles, online calendars, etc.
- Provide ongoing support, communication and tips for creative ways to get the word out and how to prepare for your workshop
What you do:
As the workshop HOST, you help promote the workshop in your community and assist with day-of-event preparation and tasks. Duties include:
- Bring the event fliers that we give you to local shops, libraries, garden stores, community centers, coffee shops, etc.
- Make arrangements for the workshop space to be set up and ready for workshop activities
- Provide light refreshments for participants and assist with day-of-workshop preparations
For more information see these Workshop Host FAQs.