Time: 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Location: Holiday Inn Express
Address: 477 NW Phoenix Dr., Troutdale, 97060
What does the future hold for your farm? Learn about the options available to you as you prepare to transition your working lands to future generations.
Speakers will discuss the legal, financial, and business factors that a farm family should consider when planning for the future. They will present real world examples of how to address these important issues while balancing the complexities of family dynamics.
- Tamara Cushing, Ph.D. Extension Specialist – Ties to the Land. Will go over the communication and emotional aspects of maneuvering succession planning through the complexities of family dynamics.
- Jay McRostie, Attorney. Specializes in business, estate planning, and real estate law. Will discuss the legal, financial, and business aspects of succession planning.
- Mel Omeg, Former owner-operator of Omeg Orchards. Will provide a personal account of his experience transitioning his farm to his children.
- Jay Udelhoven, EMSWCD Executive Director. Will talk about conservation district programs and services available to protect farms.
Protect your farm, nursery, orchard, or forest land for future generations.
Spaces Available: 36 (of 75 max)
To register: 2 steps!
- Fill out the form below
- Look for your confirmation email and follow the steps provided
Registration has closed for this event.
Category: Rural Workshops