Learn how to save water and money by improving irrigation efficiency on your property! EMSWCD is offering a free workshop on May 15th at the Columbia Grange in Corbett. Topics covered will include converting to drip, sprinkler efficiency, moisture monitoring, and the frequency and duration of irrigation.
The East Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation District (EMSWCD) is offering an exciting career opportunity for a dedicated professional to serve as the Chief of Finance and Operations (CFO) for EMSWCD’s Finance and Operations Program. The CFO is a senior-level position within EMSWCD, serving on the management team and interacting frequently with the Board of Directors and Board Committees. The CFO is responsible for all budgeting and financial management activities for EMSWCD.
The CFO is also responsible for oversight of 1-6 staff within the Finance and Operations Program. Program activities include but are not limited to board and committee management, contracting, equity, facilities and fleet management, human resources, information technology, office management, and marketing and media.
Update: This position has now been filled. Thank you for your interest!
Thank you for your interest in our office hours at the Columbia Grange! Our last office hours were held on April 9th and 11th. We will put out another announcement the next time this is offered.
We’re coming to you!
Head to the Columbia Grange (The Columbia Grange is located at 37493 Grange Hall Rd in Corbett) for free one-on-one assistance from Jeremy Baker, Senior Conservation Planner. Bring your questions and explore strategies and solutions around:
- Erosion prevention
- Natural areas
- Livestock and grazing
Our Native Plant Sale online store is now closed. Thank you for supporting our plant sale! If you purchased plants, be sure to check for your confirmation email, and contact Alex Woolery at email@example.com if you did not receive one. Learn more in the Native Plant Sale section.
- Plant sale pickup day is on February 17th from 10:00am to 3:00pm in the parking lot of the EMSWCD office located at 5211 N Williams Ave, Portland, OR (link to map).
- Questions about the plants, picking up your order, or how to plant? Visit our Plant Sale FAQ page!
- Please note: We are unable to accommodate early or late pick-ups, or to ship orders. If you are unable to pick up your plants, please arrange for a friend to pick them up for you. If you are not able to arrange for someone else to pick up your plants, please call us at (503) 222-7645 right away so we can cancel your order.
Is your organization looking for funding for a conservation project? We are now accepting applications for the 2018 Partners in Conservation (PIC) grant cycle! Our PIC Grant Program supports conservation projects that are located within the District service area (all Multnomah County east of the Willamette River) or serve its residents. Funding areas include:
- Habitat Restoration and Monitoring
- Stormwater Management and Naturescaping
- Sustainable Agriculture
- School and Community Gardens
- Environmental Education
- Capacity Building / Equity
Important notice for SPACE Grant applicants
If you are planning on applying for a SPACE Grant in August, please note that our regular September Board Meeting will not be held until September 18th, 2017, in conjunction with our Annual Meeting on the same date. This means that SPACE Grants for the month will not be considered until that date. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our Grants Manager, Suzanne Easton, at (503) 935-5370 or firstname.lastname@example.org.