Landscape professionals/educators are needed to present additional workshops. This is a contract, not a staff position. Workshops are held evenings and weekends.
Description of work:
- Present Sustainable Landscape Workshops. Workshop types could include, but are not limited to: Naturescaping, Rain Gardens, Native Plants, Simple Drip Irrigation etc.
- Additional activities may include: Outreach events, tours, field trips and mini-workshops.
- Work is not guaranteed – it will be on an “as needed” basis.
- Mileage for travel is billable at federal GSA rates. Other expenses are not reimbursed. Some program materials may be provided by EMSWCD.
Workshops and Presentations
- Naturescaping Basics (4 hr workshop) – $400.00
- Rain Gardens 101 (4 hr workshop) – $400.00
- Native Plants (2.5 hr workshop) – $300.00
- Other workshops and presentations – $50/hr (actual presentation + ½ hr for set up and break down)
Other tasks pre-authorized by UL Supervisor
- Outreach events (information table) – $30/hr (time at actual event plus ½ hr set up and ½ hr break down)
- Other tasks deemed appropriate – $30/hr
- Firm must have an up-to-date business license.
- Firms must maintain General Liability and Automobile Liability Insurance at levels consistent with EMSWCD requirements.
- Presenter(s) must have Bachelor’s degree in landscape architecture, landscape design, landscape construction or equivalent education/experience.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of practical techniques for low-impact gardening, water conservation, homeowner surface water management, water pollution reduction and landscaping with local native plant species.
- Knowledge of watershed dynamics, urban water quality issues, native vegetation and ecosystems, invasive species, erosion prevention and sediment control is desirable.
- Demonstrated abilities in workshop facilitation, public presentations, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills necessary to interact with diverse groups and individuals.
- Skilled in the use of computers and software programs to present workshop materials, produce reports and promotional materials and correspond with team members and the public.
- In addition to consideration of qualifications and references, an “audition” may be required to verify presentation skills and fit with the organization’s needs.
How to apply:
Electronic submission preferred.
Please submit qualifications (resume or CV), references and availability to Kathy@emswcd.org.
or mail to:
Attn: Kathy Shearin
5211 N. Williams Ave.
Portland, OR 97217