The East Multnomah Soil and Water Conservation District (EMSWCD) is hiring a Headwaters Farm Operations Assistant to support the Headwaters Incubator Program (HIP). The Headwaters Farm Operations Assistant will work closely with the Headwaters Farm Program Manager and incubator farmers to ensure farm operations and program activities occur smoothly and in a timely manner, and that Headwaters Farm maintains the highest standards of good stewardship and innovative conservation practices. This is a regular, permanent, part-time position at 32 hours/week with a flexible schedule.
Job duties include: general farm upkeep, tractor and equipment operation, maintenance of pollinator and other beneficial habitats, working with incubator farmers to troubleshoot problems, building and maintaining infrastructure, managing various farm systems (e.g. compost, irrigation), offering equipment trainings to incubator farmers, among other duties.
Applicants from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must read the information below carefully for instructions on how to apply for this position. Failure to follow instructions will disqualify applicants from consideration. We will begin reviewing applications on November 8th and the position will remain open until filled.
- Applicants must send a cover letter and resume by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All email subject lines must include “Headwaters Farm Operations Assistant.”
- Covers letters must be no more than two pages in length and must describe the applicant’s interest in the position and summarize job-related qualifications.
- Resumes should include positions held, dates employed, employer names and contact information, duties performed at each position, and relevant training and education.
- Three to five professional references with contact information must be provided, including at least two supervisors.
- If you are requesting Veteran’s Preference, please submit your DD214 submitted along with the application.
Note that prior to employment with the EMSWCD:
- Verification of employment and education will be required.
- Verification that applicant is able to work within the United States will be required.
- A background check will be completed. Please note that a felony record does not necessarily eliminate someone from consideration.
- References will be contacted.