Find resources related to the practice of cover cropping, which can help improve soil fertility, suppress weeds and reduce erosion, among other benefits.
Cover cropping worksheets, exercises and references
- Cover cropping – exercises and calculator sheet – from OSU Extension and Oregon Tilth.
- Nitrogen Application Worksheet
- P and K Application Worksheet and Micronutrient reference sheet – Phosphorus and Potassium Worksheet and Micronutrient reference.
- Nutrient Management for Commercial Fruit and Vegetable Crops
- Nutrient Management for Commercial Fruit and Vegetable Crops – short version
Other guides and resources
- OSU Vegetable Production Guides
- Methods for Successful Cover Crop Management in Your Home Garden
- Soil Testing: A Guide for Farms with Diverse Vegetable Crops
- Soil Fertility in Organic Systems: A Guide for Gardeners and Small Acreage Farmers
- Estimating Plant-Available Nitrogen Release from Cover Crops